There is nothing better for our health than drinking enough of the good stuff every day. I’m talking about H2O. There are a few tricks to make this a very doable simple habit. And there are some new fresh ways to add a little zest to your water bottle. Read on.
Even mild dehydration can result in a significant drop-off in energy and mood; headaches; difficulty in concentrating and feeling fatigued. Know this feeling? Are you more likely to pour another coffee or tea as a pick me up rather than guzzling down a glass of water?
Say Hello to Hydration!
Running Sharing Bali retreats has finely tuned my radar for the signs of dehydration. A combination of air travel, heat, humidity and sweat inducing exercise can take its toll. If not managed, people don’t just feel tired, they can feel ill. We do everything possible to make it easy for our guests to stay hydrated and happy.
There’s a lot of advice on daily intake, but the general rule seems to be about 2 litres. You need to take into account your own body as well as the conditions of the day.
We don’t need to over think this.
If you are only drinking one glass of water a day… it’s not enough.
All it takes is a change of habit. Try these tips for yourself:
1. Set the intention… I will drink x glasses of water today. Write it in your morning journal.
2. Swap the travel coffee mug for a refillable sports water bottle.
3. At work? Set the day up by placing a fresh jug or bottle of water with a glass on your desk.
4. Travelling? No excuse. Take that refillable sports water bottle with you.
5. For every tea, coffee or glass of alcohol match it with a glass of water.
6. Shopping? All that rushing around especially in air-conditioned centres can zap you. Tuck that water bottle into your trolley.
7. Working out? You will get so much more out of the session if you go into the class well hydrated. Rehydrating post class is no brainer.
I picked this one up in Singapore. Complete with pencils and a pile of drawings for you to colour in, you get to be little creative and have a one of a kind water bottle.
Get yours from www.miniso.jp
Need a little spa-like flavour occasionally?
Resist the packaged stuff. Add some fresh goodness. Try these combos:
Chunks of lime, lemon or oranges; basil leaves and lemon; cucumber, lemon and mint.
If you need a little more science to convince you that putting cucumber into your water has amazing benefits to your health, check out this article.
Warning: The recipes and photos will have you dashing to the store to stock up on the fresh ingredients as well as a gorgeous glass jug.
Drinking water makes us feel so refreshed that it
actually improves our state of mind.
What do you need to do to improve your daily habits around water intake? Write it down. Put it in the comments. Commit.
If you have mastered healthy H2O habits, we would love to hear how you did it. Please do share your tips in the comments.
Andy spends his time away from the computer cycling or hiking up mountains or catching a wave on his SUP.
Latest posts by Andy Willis (see all)
- The Work From Anywhere Program changed Justine’s Life - 04/07/2019
- Reduce you Inbox Traffic by 80% in 15 seconds - 03/07/2019
- Take control of your time – Message from the mountain #8 - 03/07/2019