Written by – Rob Cubbon
Do you want to leave your 9-to-5 job and join the swelling ranks of a new entrepreneurial class?
This book written by Rob Cubbon, someone that has successfully achieved the above and is now sharing his knowledge to help others do the same.
This book is an ideal book for the newbies looking for guidance and motivation, it’s an easy read, well written and a balanced mix of motivation and useful tips to get you there. Unlike some books out there it’s not top heavy with the warm and fuzzy dreamworld, there are useful tips and tools that will help those with little or nil experience.
Interestingly, Rob as myself made his entry into the WFA world later in his working life, so for those out there that feeling there is no way out of the 9-5, hanging out for the weekends job at the risk of security, let go now it’s never too late.
My key take outs from this book are :
- The best way to leave your job is to find some way of earning money from home in your spare time.
- Another way is to use the “minimalist” approach and cut back on expenses, do you really need to keep buying stuff? How much stuff do we really “need”? There are so many benefits to becoming more minimalistic and this is a common discipline among the working from anywhere community worldwide.
- Another big one, rather than concentrating on what makes money, focus on what you love, what makes you happy, what doesn’t feel like work.
- Start with active income and prepare for passive income as you do, more detail on this is explained in the book.
- If you already love what you’re doing but would prefer to do it for yourself then consider the option of starting with the business/career/clients you already have.
- You don’t need the next BIG IDEA, Twitter started out as a side project.
- Don’t postpone getting started, DO IT NOW. This advice you will find in many books, why? Because it works.
- Help people, connect with people, develop yourself.
- Find an Accountabili buddy, someone to connect with that is on a similar path and is willing to set/share goals with and be accountable to each other.
- Meditate, exercise, keep active daily, this will keep you healthy in mind and body. This advice is also a common theme in the WFA community.
- Create a website, just do it, don’t wait for it to look just right, more important is creating and publishing good relevant content CONSISTANTLY.
- Online content is KING.
- Collect email addresses, email is your most effective means of online promotion, make sure you have a sign up button on your website and a reason for people to sign up.
- Try and be different, speciali, find a niche for yourself.
The Final Word
This is an excellent book for anyone that is just starting out or anyone looking to make the jump to freedom, it’s simple, to the point and written by someone that has walked the walk.
Price – $5.99 (often discounted though)
Andy spends his time away from the computer cycling or hiking up mountains or catching a wave on his SUP.