I don’t know about you but I find one of the toughest things to do whilst travelling is keeping track of your expenses and trying to remember where you safely put all those tax deductable expense receipts. Even if you have managed to do the sensible thing and store all the receipts in the one place, you then have the time consuming task of deciphering them and processing them onto your accounting package.
All in all it’s a time consuming multiple handling process that I for one don’t like wasting my time on, BUT I recently worked out creating a bit of process in Evernote I could make this whole process so much more efficient and far less painful.
So here’s the deal, step by step:
- Open evernote on your mobile device and click on the + to add a new note
2. Select “Camera”as the note type
- Slide across to “Document” and take the photo (your mobile device camera should focus so that it is clear), then click on the tick
4. Click on “Done”
5. This will save your note to your default notebook location (albiet with a random name) , click on the note to open it for editing
6. Click on the edit icon
7. Change the title of the note to a name based on your file naming system
8. Move it to the notebook based on your system, It’s a good idea to set up a “Visa Card to Process” or “Accounts to process” notebook to create a workflow
9. Your invoice/receipt is now stored in your “Visa to process” notebook for processing at a later time
So there you have it, more time to enjoy your free time whilst on a business trip!!!
Do you have any productivity tips you would like to share?
“The more you share, the more you receive to share.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita
Andy spends his time away from the computer cycling or hiking up mountains or catching a wave on his SUP.